Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 13:44:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How do I DELAY() at boot time ?

Suppose during the probe/attach routine for a device I have to wait for
some time, what is the correct approach ? I am currently using DELAY()
(this is in the audio driver, ad1848.c for what matters) and this seems
not to have the desired effect. Since the same code is also used during
regular operation, DELAY works fine there... should I do something like

	if (booting)
		do_something_to_spend_time(x);
	else
		DELAY(x)