Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 22:04:08 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        zgabor@code.hu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I18N

> I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.0R.  I'd like to make a whole Hungarian locale.
> I've made some type of keyboard descriptor file, generate 3 console
> font files.

Great!

> a) is there any manual page about the format of this file?
> (I've got it from James Raynard, who get it from -current, but (as he says)
> doesn't know too much about internationalisation.)

Indeed - I only found out what I18N stood for a week ago...

I'd like to help you, but I'm not able to run -current until I get a
replacement for the disk that died a week or two ago. :-(

The best person to contact is probably Andrey Chernov (ache@freebsd.org),
who is the FreeBSD Internationalisation Officer.  All I can say really
at the moment is that the internationalisation support in -current is
much better than it was in 2.1.0, and I've no idea how much (if any)
of the new work has gone into 2.1.5.  I'll try and get back to you if
I ever manage to get -current running here again...

Incidentally, when you do get this finished, how would you like to
write up some guidelines?  I'm sure there are many FreeBSD users
around the world who would like to work in their own locale, but don't
know how to start and would find something like this really useful.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk