Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 21:29:07 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        vesskov@mgu.bg
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: language support?

>>>>> Vesselin Kovatchev <vesskov@mgu.bg> writes:

> Hi. I'm a Bulgarian.

Hello, it's good to see FreeBSD spreading across the world.

> I'm trying your FreeBSD 2.0.5. It's wonderful system.

Thank you!

> I want to know how can I get the latest vesrions, their prices etc.

The latest version is 2.1.5, which has just come out.  You should be
able to get it from wherever you got 2.0.5.  As usual, it's free of
charge (except for whatever it costs you to FTP it down or get the
CDROM).

> And if I'd like to install BSD for communication server and for terminal server, how to buy the original version, sources

FreeBSD is very well-suited for running servers.  It is actually free
of charge, including the full source code, so you don't need to pay us
anything!

> and especially does the commercial version support our cyrillic
langiage - fonts, key mapping, etc. for text sessions and X.

There is a set of Cyrillic fonts you can install with X.  I'm not
aware of any specific Bulgarian support, but there is good support for
Russian key-mappings, dates, etc.

I don't know if that's close enough - if not, you are welcome to try
and improve it!  FreeBSD is a volunteer project, and it works by
people doing things they need and offering them back to their fellow
users.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk