Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:28:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        mnewell@kaizen.net (Mike Newell), nate@mt.sri.com, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routed supports variable-length netmasks?

> > As a workaround I log into our box as root [ugh!] to invoke pppd, but
> > clearly that's not the answer.  I'm running 2.1-RELEASE; maybe things
> > changed in 2.1.5?
>
> Yeah yeah that's the ticket.  Verrrry familiar problem.
>
> I believe I hacked a copy of route to fix this problem and installed it as
> /etc/ppp/route...

*Wow*  I completely forgot about that it was so long ago.

I did the *exact* same thing, as a matter of fact I may still have the
old binary sitting in my ppp directory. :)

I needed to do this in order to get things working right, but then
changed from using 'route' to do the routing to ARP routing once the
route bug got fixed.

Nate