Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:03:37 -0500
From:      sn1tch <dot.sn1tch@gmail.com>
To:        daniel quinn <freebsd@danielquinn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw and nmap

You could try using nmap with the -sA (ACK) scanning...this is good
for mapping firewall rulesets to see what is being let in. You could
also use -f (fragment) with -sS to send fragmented packets...this will
show open ports unless most of the time too. But -sA is better since
the firewall things its a legitimate request and not a port scan