Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 18:57:35 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers' list)
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.7.5 issues (the sendmail in FreeBSD 2.1.5.)

According to Thomas David Rivers:
> What did I discover?  There's no way to tell sendmail to not use
> DNS (it will be fixed in a "future" version.)

There is.

Use

FEATURE(nocanonify)
FEATURE(nodns)

That will prevent sendmail from looking at the envelope headers and resolve
any CNAME it may found.

> (If you see this mail; then I was successfull in setting this up...)

Except your  using these ~@#{^@~  bang  paths and  you shouldn't. Our rmail
(and most of the other) supports FQDN.  At least, use the uucp-uudom mailer
which use a bang envelope and FQDN headers.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #17: Fri Aug  2 20:40:17 MET DST 1996