Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 14:18:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        agl@redline.ru
Subject:   Re: mount "features"

As Bruce Evans wrote:

> >mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
> >(on the write protected floppy) Well, getting tons of errors from the kernel,
> >ok
>
> Mount (rw) and open ([r]w) don't check for writability.  The mount succeeds
> and you get errors later.

It's the floppy driver.

I plan to fix this later (but definately not for 2.1 -- i wouldn't
like to blow the floppy driver again for such a cosmetic thing).

The last fix^H^H^Hhack we've got for this has been way too simple, and
it had some very ill side-effects.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/