Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:16:40 +1000 (EST)
From:      HMG coA reductase <s_koyin@eduserv.its.unimelb.EDU.AU>
To:        Derek Collison <Derek.Collison@tibco.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation issue

i saw this happen when the DOS partition you've mounted and want to read
from has a cluster size > 32k (ie, > 64 sectors per cluster).

my solution: FIPS the big DOS partition to create a smaller partition,
then format this one in DOS. copy the freebsd files to this new
partition, and mount this one. you can un-FIPS it after installation, but
your original big DOS partition would not be _safely_ readable from BSD
still.

ivan