Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:37:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make_device_driver.sh

According to John-Mark Gurney:
> soon, when I've completed the bus/device code, then this will be possible,
> but at the same time, the current LKM system will be replaced with the
> kld system, so there won't be any "special" handling of dynamicly loaded
> modules, just special handling of brain-dead not upgraded devices that
> don't support unloading..

I haven't really heard much about kld, or I have suppressed it. :-)

Any info that you can give me (us?) on what it will be like?
Will that allow us to do "load driver, probe, if not found - unload driver"
stuff at boot time? So that all drivers in /drivers/ are loaded and probed,
or something, which would make kernel recompile to add soundcard, etc, a mere
memory, and be replaced by "cp"? :-)

As I said, any info would be appreciated. Maybe points to where it's been
said before?

  /Mikael