Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 1996 20:18:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        tinguely@plains.nodak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tyan Tomcat ? 256 MB RAM ? DIMMs ?

> >  Where can you find EDO-parity RAMs ?  I've never seen it before.
>
> http://www.megacom.com carries:
>
> 	 Toshiba 16MB 18 chip 60 ns True Parity EDO RAM apprx $125.00 US
> 	 Toshiba 32MB  9 chip 60 ns True Parity EDO RAM apprx $230.00 US

These should be okay, though I haven't had any Toshiba EDO RAM lately so
I can't be sure.

> last week they also carried:
>
> 	 Siemens 16MB 12 chip 60 ns True Parity EDO RAM apprx $110.00 US

I have seen lots of Siemens EDO RAM lately, and it has a >5% DOA rate
causing signal 11's and spantenious reboots.  It checks out okay when
run on a SIMM tester :-(.  So buyer beware on this product.

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD