Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 11:49:44 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Compression Load on CPU

>First, commercial boxes come with support.  Support that an ISP will NEED.

Um...well we give full WAN support with our  products, and its a lot better
than you get from most of the "commercial" companies from what i
hear.

>And yes, Dennis, I am a developer.  99% of the software running here,
>including the entire FreeBSD-based authentication and database systems at
>MCSNet, were written by me.  15+ years of experience in this industry.

Well, you sound like a marketeer to me :-) Obviously you understand
that some of us wear more than one hat..maybe you could give me
the benefit of the doubt.

But frankly, I dont understand how you could  use something like freebsd
for authentication....I wouldnt trust it to anything that wasnt commercial
and well-supported :-)

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX