Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 13:51:40 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Andreas Engel <Andreas.Engel@cylink.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fxp0 problem

>i got the same problem in 2.2.5

   Please be precise and careful when saying things like that. The 82555 PHY
(type = 7) is supported in 2.2.5. If you are getting an "unsupported" message,
then the "type=" portion will be different. I will need to know what it
says precisely as well as which PHY chip you have on your card before I can
fix it.

> .... anyway... i need to use 2.2.2
>because of another driver ... is it possible to use the current driver
>in 2.2.2 without getting this problem and what is the advantage of
>the new driver ... i now some unnice effects
>
>net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops: 19418 <---------
>
>and i hope i can solve this problem.

   That's a different and unrelated problem. To fix that, change IFQ_MAXLEN
defined in /sys/net/if.h to 128. A better solution needs to be thought-up
for that, but this will suffice for now.

-DG

David Greenman