Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:17:36 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'nate@yogotech.com'" <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JCK License implications (was: State of Server-Side Java)

> Given the fact that I'm not allowed to share how the tests
> work or my results (other than YES/NO) or how it all works
> due to licensing, I'm not sure why...

Future discussion on -java:

Nate: fourteen bugs to go!
us:   Yay! What's the error message?
Nate: Sorry, but that I cannot disclose. Licensing, you see.
us:   Could we have a stacktrace then?
Nate: Well, no. Licensing, you see.
us:   Euh, Ok. Is it in Swing, can I reproduce it with a demo?
Nate: Can't say. Licensing, you see.

Hardly a community effort. :-/

I never realised that access to JCK would condemn you to fixing all the bugs
too, Nate. You'll let us know when it's all done, yes? Off you go, no time
to waste. :-)

    Kees Jan

 TV is the worst  of both  worlds.  It's not  as
 good at words  as radio is because the pictures
 are a distraction  which demand  attention, and
 it's not as good as cinema because the pictures
 are not nearly as good.
                                 Douglas Adams