Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 14:37:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: hang problems

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

[reboot hangs]

> > Rod, ain't this your baby?
>
> Nope, my baby is very solid.  It is either a ``well reboot'' or
> ``won't reboot'', it is never a ``Every once in a while'' type
> of problem.

Aye, i see.

Where does my problem belong to?  Box is an EISA, some SiS chipset,
ELSA Winner 1000 grfx (S3 86C928).  Reboots normally work, but under
some particular circumstances (e.g. if i call ``cpu_reset'' from DDB,
after a panic or somesuch), it attempts to reboot, and finally just
sits there and beeps.  The beep code indicates that it didn't find its
video adaptor.  I have to hit reset then.

This is (i think) still with a kernel that only uses the ``CPU shut
down'' method.

Hmmm... just looked up the kernel source.  The CPU reset code is
already in there, so now i'm not sure if the symptom still happens
now.  I'll watch out for it.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/