Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 06:50:23 +0200 (EET)
From:      Hannu Savolainen <hannu@voxware.pp.fi>
To:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Full duplex devices & the SB16

On Fri, 8 Mar 1996, Stephen Hocking wrote:

> I've been having a bit of a think about this. As you know, it is possible (and
> I have some DOS code) to do full duplex audio with the SB16, with the 16bit
> channel in one direction and the 8bit in the other. This does not fit in with
> our model of the world (identical capabilities both ways) so what I was
> thinking of was converting the data to/from 16/bit when copying in/out to/from
I have had similar idea. It could be possible to implement this kind of
things in later versions (3.6 or 3.7). The biggest task is propably
testing the changes and ensuring that it doesn't break other programs not
using the full duplex feature.

Best regards,

Hannu
Hannu Savolainen <hannu@voxware.pp.fi>