Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 11:17:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        emory!freebsd.org!freebsd-hackers (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   alpha floppy request

ack, I just fetched from ALPHA last night and this morning the
README has not changed but the *.flp seems to.  Can they be
indexed/numbered/whatever someway so that when we know which
one we are using and Jordon knows which one we are commenting
on?

Actually, I found this version of fdisk and disklabel more
confusing than the old ones.  Maybe this is simply because
there is not yet a doc about it to read before using.  This
was especially problematic in that I do not know what the
various codes mean in disklabel.  For instance, when I ask
it to mount an existing dos partition there is no feedback
about what the meaning of the label in the newfs collumn.
This is very unnerving to someone who does not have a working
tape drive right now. :-)

Just to throw a monkey into the works... I know everyone
wanted to cut a 2.0.5 cd last month ... but ... 3.1.2 is
due from XFree86 in a couple of weeks with lots of new
FreeBSD support expected therein, like *my* video card. :)
--
Jan Isley
jan@bagend.atl.ga.us