Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:04:14 -0800
From:      "PC Tools" <newsletter@email.pctools.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   PC Tools November Newsletter

------msg_border

PC Tools Newsletter
----------------
To ensure you always get our emails, please add the domain =40email=2Epctoo=
ls=2Ecom to your Safe Sender list=2E

View online please click the link below:

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VDVwg=
tpgLyHnL30eV%0D%0Aollik%3A%2F%2FLuHptQiJlhhtkQJhu%2FkLjNtLl%2FOLIkplL%2F0Lk=
ihgkLzghju%3FpcuktGmeytkeuuesXmonXOaidX2833XQTAmGdoczgfseebtd9osg

----
Spyware Doctor=E2=84=A2 with AntiVirus 2010 wins PCMag=2Ecom Editors' Choic=
e Award=20

In this edition we'll be covering:=20

=E2=80=A2 PCMag=2Ecom Editors' Choice Award=20

=E2=80=A2 AntiMalware testing and how we compare

=E2=80=A2 Recent Malware threats to look out for=20

Each year we strive to develop more effective software to meet our=20
customers=E2=80=99 changing needs=2E One way we measure our effectiveness i=
s by=20
listening to independent industry experts when they review our latest=20
release=2E Neil J=2E Rubenking from PCMag=2Ecom recently completed his=20
review of Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 and we=E2=80=99re thrilled to=
=20
announce it won the PCMag=2Ecom Editors=E2=80=99 Choice Award=2E=20

PCMag=2Ecom Editors' Choice Award
=22The latest Spyware Doctor proved effective in every area of malware=20
removal and blocking=2E It=E2=80=99s a great product=2E=E2=80=9D - pcmag=2E=
com October 15, 2009=2E=20

This accolade confirms that the 2010 release of Spyware Doctor with=20
AntiVirus delivers what customers need, highly effective detection,=20
elimination and blocking of Malware=2E=20

Read the full review

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VR
=20

AntiMalware testing and how we compared =22Spyware Doctor also set a=20
new record in the malware blocking test, scoring 9=2E7 of 10 possible point=
s=2E=22
- pcmag=2Ecom October 15, 2009 =2E

Testing product effectiveness involves two stages; the detection and=20
elimination of current Malware infections and the blocking of new=20
Malware threats=2E The effectiveness of the product is tracked via a=20
points system and Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus performed=20
outstandingly scoring 9=2E7 out of 10 points=2E=20

Read more about the testing approach

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VS
=20

See how Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 compared against other=20
products=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VT
=20
Recent Malware threats to look out for Malware Spam Blasts=2E

Cybercriminals are currently sending out mass email blasts=20
impersonating popular companies to install password stealing malware=20
on to users PCs=2E The emails look like they=E2=80=99re coming from a legit=
imate=20
source, as demonstrated in the recent =E2=80=98Facebook Password Reset Scam=
=E2=80=99=20
discussed on the ThreatFire=E2=84=A2 blog=2E The purpose of this scam is to=
=20
deliver malware packages designed to infiltrate users PC with=20
malicious programs including; Koobface, Bredolab, and Zbot=2E=20

Learn more about this Malware threat on the ThreatFire=E2=84=A2 Blog

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VU
=20

=E2=80=A2 Net-Worm=2EKoobface is a network-aware worm that attempts to repl=
icate=20
across the existing network(s) and also can be used to hijack certain=20
aspects of users' web browser functionality (such as homepage, search=20
page, and security settings)=2E
=E2=80=A2 Trojan-Spy=2EZbot=2EYETH is a rootkit trojan which steals online =
banking=20
information and downloads other malware as well=2E=20

Top Threats Below are some of the latest threats identified by PC Tools=20
Malware Research Center=20
http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSR
=2E

WORLD CYBERGAMES 2009
PC Tools is one of the official partners for the World Cyber Games=20
2009=2E Heats have recently been held around the world and national=20
finalists are now headed to the grand finals in Beijing on the 11th=20
November 2009=2E=20

----
PCMag=2Ecom Editors=E2=80=99 Choice Award Logo is a trademark of Ziff Davis=
=20
Publishing Holdings Inc=2E Used under license=2E Reprinted from=20
http://www=2Epcmag=2Ecom, October 15, 2009, with permission=2E Copyright 20=
09 Ziff Davis=20
Publishing Holdings Inc=2E All rights reserved=2E=20

Login to MyAccount

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSSVG=
f6beVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnVKpkJhmglVVIHggLjV
=20

To contact us please email reply-subscriptions=40email=2Epctools=2Ecom
mailto:reply-subscriptions=40email=2Epctools=2Ecom?subject=3DRE: Mid-Life R=
enewal Offer=20

Unsubscribe

http://email=2Epctools=2Ecom/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBADQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSTVG=
f6beVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnVKpkJhmglVVIHggLjV

PC Tools Limited
Brookvale Plaza, Unit 3 East Park Shannon Co Clare Ireland=2E=2E=20
Copyright =C2=A9 2009 PC Tools=2E All rights reserved=2E=20

------msg_border--