Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 20:27:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Subject:   Scitext

I'm ging to make a port of this, this weekend, but I thought I'd pass
along what I found was needed to get it to compile.

Step 1: edit the Imakefile: find the OBJS, and edit out the leading
        pathnames for object files only, NOT the source files.  Just
	leave the filename, no directory component.
Step 2: Find the LOCAL_LIBRARIES line, and add -lXext at the end of it.
Step 3: save the Imakefile, leave the editor, xmkmf.
Step 4: Important (don't skip this step!) do a make depend.
Step 5: make.

I'll figure out the install issues later, this gets a shared executeable
(dependent on the Motif libs) built.  I'm a little too rushed to finish
this right now, but I know some of you are impatient, and this editor will
knock your eyes out!  WYSIWYG!

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |