Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:27:24 -0800
From:      "Sean Noonan" <snoonan@cx952600-a.fed1.sdca.home.com>
To:        "Roger" <Roger.Savard@henoc.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Sony PCG-R505JLK

Hi,

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-GR250P and I had the exact same problem.  The
hw.pcic.intr_path="1" and hw.pcic.irq="0" setings didn't work for me.  My
solution was to use the 4.3 iso image, which worked find except it didn't
recoginize my built-in Intel Pro 100 VE NIC.  So, I used a 16-bit Linksys
PCMCIA NIC with the 4.3 ISO, then cvsup'ed to 4.4-STABLE.  At that point the
boot problem went away AND my Intel NIC was recognized.

HTH,

Sean.