Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 1998 09:36:06 +1100
From:      Joe Shevland <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
To:        Steve Wilson <swwilso1@flowbee.beckman.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.1.6.V98-7-21.tar.gz

Steve Wilson wrote:

> To Whom it may concern:
>
> I've tried downloading the file mentioned in the subject line from
> www.freebsd.org/java several times from my FreeBSD box as well as my
> Win95
> machinef and each time I run gunzip on the file I get a crc error.
> Would
> you check the file to make sure everything is ok.  If the file is ok,
> would you point me to another place to get this file from.
>
> TIA,
>
> Steve Wilson
> swwilso1@flowbee.beckman.uiuc.edu

I didn't have any trouble downloading this the other day. I guess you
could try setting your transfer mode to binary if you're using FTP (I'm
not sure if this is served on FTP actually; I just did a browser HTTP
download, which incidentally took about five hours).

Are there legal issues with including the JDK 1.1.x on the Walnut Creek
CD-ROMS?

Regards,
Joe Shevland.