Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2000 13:55:04 -0700
From:      Dolgan <sysctl@home.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   No Bass/Treble Control?

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

	I have a Sound Blaster Live! Value with FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE,
but yet I cannot change my bass and treble levels.

This problem has persisted in all FreeBSS versions since 4.0-RELEASE,
and in Linux. Other people do *not* have this problem, so it must be
something I am doing wrong.

When I do 'mixer,' I get only:

Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  72:72
Mixer speaker  is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to   0:0
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line1    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to   0:0

Note there is no bass or treble. It works in Windows, always has.

In /dev, I did ./MAKEDEV snd0. When I do ./MAKEDEV snd1 as I have been
told, it simply reports that the device is not configured.

Any ideas?

--=20
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."=20
	-- Albert Einstein
(PGP public key: keyservers/0114B12B)

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24--