Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:29:31 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>, obrien@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        mike.saunders@futurenet.co.uk, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD daemon usage for magazine

--Apple-Mail-15-477981388

On 18 Jan 2006, at 13:40, Tom Rhodes wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:28:59 +0000
> Mike Saunders <mike.saunders@futurenet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> At Linux Format magazine we're featuring FreeBSD on the coverdisc
>> in an upcoming issue. Marshall Kirk McKusick has given us
>> permission to use the Beastie graphic, but I'd just like to check
>> if this permission ('likeliness') extends to this image:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/gifs/daemon_hammer.jpg
>>
>> Are we OK to use that, given that we have McKusick's permission to
>> use Beastie, or does that image in particular require other rights?
>>

> As far as I understand it, reading Kirk's official site, the
> Beastie image in all forms must have his final say.  So I'd
> say that if he's cool, you're cool.

I believe that that specific image belongs to us, as in the FreeBSD
Project, so it would be under the Documentation License (which basically
means that yes, Future can use it - see
http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-doc-license.html, which needs
updating since it doesn't talk about images at all).

However, that's not completely explicit in the commit log.
David, you added this image - are you able to shed any light, or
do we need to check with Wind River?

Ceri

PS Mike, if you still have a Lisa Jones working there, tell her I
said hello.
                                                   -- Alice

--Apple-Mail-15-477981388
	name=PGP.sig