Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 22:34:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        brett@lariat.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: EN-2400P3 Ethernet Card: Supported?

> Get the configuration disk, boot DOS, configure the card to the desired
> base address and IRQ values, boot FreeBSD and point it at it.

Been there, done that.... FreeBSD detects it as an NE2000 but starts
to report NIC errors immediately after boot.

I wonder if this is the same problem I had when I put 64K of RAM
in one of my AE-3's.... The latter didn't work because the driver
was not smart about sniffing out the RAM's location in the card's
memory space. (As you know, the host accesses the RAM by setting
an address counter and then doing PIO reads and writes, which
auto-increment the counter.)

--Brett