Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:13:33 +0300
From:      vadik likholetov <vadik@spb.cityline.ru>
To:        Scot Elliott <scot@london.virgin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: horrible hack / SRM console

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 07:08:37PM +0000, Scot Elliott wrote:
> boards... which is why I tried to install DEC's latest firmware for this
> board...  any ideas?

It seems to be a faq. you _can_ install it, but you have to get from anywhere,
the DEC's firmware update cd is a one place.

as for me, I've done the following steps:
1. from ftp://ftp.decsy.ru/alpha/FirmWare/164SX/SRM-T4.9/
 I've got the two files:
	fwupdate.exe and sx164srm.rom
	feel the difference :-)
2. put it on the blank dos floopy and do the firmware update as usual --
	it will do the job

3. update it to the latest version (5.2? 5.3? ?), using the single file
update -- now it will work.

4. enjoy :-)

ps if there is any FAQ on alpha's freebsd -- this is FAQ question,
so put it there.

--
vadik likholetov