Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:09:00 +0100
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd6@klop.yi.org>
To:        Bjorn Dittmer-Roche <bjorn@sccs.swarthmore.edu>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bug in jdk1.4

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:17:05 -0500 (EST), Bjorn Dittmer-Roche
<bjorn@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Ronald Klop wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:43:14 -0500 (EST), Bjorn Dittmer-Roche
>> <bjorn@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:

[cut a report about dialogs appearing behind a window]

> <Grumble> I tried a couple other WMs and only got this on KDE. I
> installed
> IceWM and also tried TWM, MWM, and something I can't remember
> what it was and it only happened on KDE. (BTW, I got stuck in
> "failsafe" because I couldn't input anything into the xterm.
> Should I file a bug report on that?) </Grumble>
>
> Anyway, thanks for your help. Since I don't have this problem with
> other apps, it might still be something with Java. What can I do now?

I don't know. Maybe this link is related.
http://devel-home.kde.org/~kgpg/kwinfix.html

Or try if it also happens with other JDK's (blackdown or ibm).
Or put in an extra dialog.raise() call if that exists.