Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 00:47:26 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. NT Stability

>From The Desk Of "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" :

We don't have kernel level support for threads that means that the
processes context switching for threads is handle by the threads package.

2.2-current has support for *user* level threads and it shouldn't be that
hard to convert the test program from using fork/exec to threads.

On my last contract, I used -current's threads in a rather large
large library.

Not sure if the current threads package in -current is in sync with
the latest from the author so you may find a bug or two which may
have been fixed :(

	Amancio