Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 03:17:58 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Turtle Beach Fiji supported?

On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 12:42:27AM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> > The card has what the "docs" call a 'Turtle Beach 56K DSP Hurricane
> > Architecture" type sound chip (no mention of part numbers).

> This smells like a MWave.

Specifically (with further reading), it uses the Motorola 56002 DSP.  Given
specs like: 20 bit D/A & 20 bit A/D, > 97dB SNR, a +/- 1dB bandwidth of
10Hz to 22KHz, and full-duplex sound, it doesn't really resemble an MWave...

> If they have the specs, someone will program it ...

Well, they at least acknowledge that Linux exists (and have pointers to
preliminary linux drivers from the turtle beach website, which I picked up...
any pointers on converting a Linux driver to a FreeBSD one?).  They also
supply the firmware (it seems to be 'soft' firmware.. needing to be loaded at
poweron).

--
Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have to at least consider