Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:45:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.7.5 issues (the sendmail in FreeBSD 2.1.5.)

As Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> What did I discover?  There's no way to tell sendmail to not use
> DNS (it will be fixed in a "future" version.)

That's wrong.  It's sometimes useful to read FAQs. ;-)

You've already noticed that i'm using a fairly similar setup like you
(mail via UUCP, though in my case without the ugly bang :), dialup IP
connection occasionally, local DNS).  So it's not surprising that i've
been confrontated with a similar set of problems once.

                   How do I use sendmail for mail delivery with UUCP? (p1 of 8)
10.16. How do I use sendmail for mail delivery with UUCP?

   The sendmail configuration that ships with FreeBSD is suited for sites
   that connect directly to the Internet. Sites that wish to exchange
   their mail via UUCP must install another sendmail configuration file.

(I skip the remainder of that section here, you can read it locally on
file:/usr/share/doc/FAQ/freebsd-faq.html.)

--
cheers, J"org