Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:56:57 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Java Apps?

> At this point , I am leaning more  towards using Win95 to develop Java
> applications provided of course that I can still use the
> applications  on FreeBSD. The problem with this approach is that
> Java development environments are kind of Win95 centric :(

I've found that although the Win95 stuff is easy to get the GUI up and
running quickly, when the application starts to get more 'significant'
you end up running into bugs/limitations on the commercial IDE's.  We do
our initial setup under '95, then once we get the layouts done we move
them over to unix and fill them out.  This also gives the advantage of
using a *real* editor (XEmacs currently blows any integrated editor
completely out of the water).

Nate