Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 23:02:33 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   My monitor's got the Shakes...

Hi all... well a bad couple of weeks on my hardware seems to be
getting worse. Suddently, my monitor is "shaking". Basically, every
10 minutes or so (not regular) a small, rapid shaking happens. A
slight brightness fade-in, fade-out sort of happens at the same time.
The picture would appear to be moving straight up and down (by a
really small amount, but enough to be REALLY damned annoying).

Any idea what the cause could be??

This monitor has already developed a pretty serious case of ghosting,
so I fear that this fit of shaking is my signal that "she's gonna blow!".

It's a 17" MAG, about 3.5 years old I believe. Been a faithful monitor,
but it's been going downhill at a break-neck speed the last 6 monhts or
so.

TIA for any tips, like "you can fix this by .."  :-)

-mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
"The newest book, The Dilbert Future, took a broader view, describing how
idiots will threaten every aspect of business, technology and society in
the future."	--Scott Adams