Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:24:32 -1000
From:      "Randal S. Masutani" <randal@comtest.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: PicoBSD 0.41 is available

On 26 Sep 98, at 20:24, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It took much longer than I expected... *sigh* But at last the new,
> (hopefully) working release of PicoBSD is available for download from
> usual place.
>
> I corrected also a few other bugs besides the main one (i.e. DEVFS), and
> updated the "net" and "isp" version to use UCD-SNMP v. 3.5. All programs
> except the kernel itself are now in ELF format.
>
> As usually, if you stumble upon any bug or doubtful "feature", please
> report it to me ASAP. Thanks.
>
> Andrzej Bialecki

I found a few things that need looking into:

1. Missing files under;
        ./tools/dumpnlist/dumpnlist.c
        ./tools/write_mfs_in_kernel/write_mfs_in_kernel.c

        ./isp/crunch1/mibs is empty ?

        ./router/crunch1/mibs is empty, not used, should be removed.

        ./tinyware/kget/uc_scsi.c has been removed ?

        ./tinyware/dm is empty ?

	./doc/src files should be under ./doc instead ?

2. Problem:
        build fails due to ./tinyware/ns/Makefile
        having the CFLAGS+=-DBRIDGING defined by default.
        I think we should have this commented out by default.

I love the new custom build option.  It saves me time having to edit
build all the time.  But there are a few ruff edges.

3. Problem:
        ./build/clean removes the custom link before cleaning it.

4. Suggestions:
        - should have a note to change custom/conf/Makefile to read
          CONFILE=PICOBSD-C.${SIZE}
                         ^^^
        - have build use the last CUST_DIR unless told to change it to
          a new directory path. (ie. don't unlink custom in clean)

        - instead of having to run clean manually, have build call it
          automatically before starting the build if it has not been
          already cleaned.

	- have clean mv picobsd.bin to picobsd.bin.previous, instead of
          deleting it.  And add an option to install to install previous
          version picobsd.bin.previous.

Randal