Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:54:13 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   arch moving to ad-hoc moderation

Due to people being reluctant to use -arch when it is moderated (so
they know things will take time), we are changing the policy for the
arch list.  It is now being switched to a different moderation style,
which I prefer to call "ad-hoc" moderation.  Basically, this means
that the moderation policy will change as the list use changes, but
will mainly be geared towards automatic approval of messages.

The filter that is active right now pass in all messages.  If I see a
problem with a thread, I am going to change the filter so that thread
falls into my regular moderation mailbox.  If this doesn't work out
too well (as in us getting a lot of noise) I'll look at some other
changes, but this is it for now.

Enjoy!

Eivind.