Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 15:25:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
To:        Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
Cc:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ultimate board!

> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:55:06 +0000
> From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
>
> Could you tell me what's wrong with the National Semiconductor DP83815
> ethernet chips? I guess for a low cost board, I am happy not to have
> been given realteks. The Flytech NetPC NC-2 that I use as an interim

I just quickly scanned the left column, and saw the "sis0"... NS probably
does things a bit better.  So far, anything made by SiS that I've used has
been a bit quirky.  And don't even say that "R" word. :-)

My point was that I like Tulips... I'd expect 2x Tulip to cost a little
more than 3x SiS (NS now that I actually read dmesg output).  If it works
and gets the job done, I'm happy.

Have you had a chance to test forwarding rate, in both Mbps and fps?

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc.
EverQuick Internet / EternalCommerce Division

Phone: (316) 794-8922