Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 22:48:53 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Hugh Blandford" <hugh@mail.island.net.au>
Cc:        <isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Restricting Access to IMAP

From: "Hugh Blandford" <hugh@mail.island.net.au>
> thanks for the reply.  Would there be a way of reversing the meaning of
> the file so that only users specified in it were able to use IMAP?  I take
> it that there would be no problems in just pointing the line in inetd.conf
> to a different POP server.

I am not sure, but you could try changing it as follows:

> > define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')dnl

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`local')dnl

> > LOCAL_RULE_0
> > R$=N                                $: $#local $: $1
> > R$=N < @ $=w . >            $: $#local $: $1
> > Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >       $#cyrusbb $: $1

R$=N                        $: $#cyrus $: $1
R$=N < @ $=w . >     $: $#cyrus $: $1
Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >       $#cyrusbb $: $1

> > LOCAL_CONFIG
> > FN /etc/mail/sendmail.cN

There should be no problem in pointing inetd to a different POP server.  Are
you going to allow your IMAP users to also use POP?  If not, then you could
disable the Cyrus POP server (ipop3d) in inetd.conf and still use the
standard POP port (110) for your local POP users.  Otherwise you'll have to
uses an alternate POP port.

Scot