Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:27:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Al Snore <badpacket94501@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD & small form factor computers

--0-1754855740-1019982445=:66462

I know a few people seemed interested in small sysem before, so.....
VIA has introduced a new 7"x7" motherboard/cpu called the EPIA/Eden
You can see it here:  http://www.via.com.tw/en/Products/eden_images.jsp

These are retailing for ~$100 including board and cpu. The nice thing is that they run without a fan, and at around 500-600 Mhz, while consumer only ~50 watts or so.
I'm looking to experiment with Free and use one of these with a 120GB drive as a closet all-in-one file server.

Hope someone finds this interesting.  I probably should not send this as it is off topic.
Feel free to vent if it really annoys you though :)

--0-1754855740-1019982445=:66462

<P>I know a few people seemed interested in small sysem before, so.....
<P>VIA has introduced a new 7"x7" motherboard/cpu called the EPIA/Eden
<P>You can see it here:&nbsp; <A href="http://www.via.com.tw/en/Products/eden_images.jsp">http://www.via.com.tw/en/Products/eden_images.jsp</A>;
<P>&nbsp;
<P>These are retailing for ~$100 including board and cpu. The nice thing is that they run without a fan, and at around 500-600 Mhz, while consumer only ~50 watts or so.&nbsp;
<P>I'm looking to experiment with Free and use one of these with a 120GB drive as a closet all-in-one file server.
<P>&nbsp;
<P>Hope someone finds this interesting.&nbsp; I probably should not send this as it is off topic.&nbsp; <BR>Feel free to vent if it really annoys you though :)
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp;