Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 09:58:11 +0200
From:      Irvine Short <irvine@sanbi.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   AudioPCI ES1371 problems

Hi!

I'm running stable as of about March 29th and cannot get an ES1371 to
work.

Here's what I have in my kern config:
# Sound card stuff...
device pcm0
device es0      (This line just a wild guess - made no difference)

And here's what dmesg says:

es1: <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x02 int a irq 10 on pci0.11.0
pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xe800
es1371: codec vendor TRA revision 3
es1371: codec features Bass & Treble
es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement

however, when I go to /dev and do

sh MAKEDEV pcm0, or pcm1 or just pcm, I get the error "No such device"

Also, how come I specify pcm0 in the config file and it finds pcm1?

When I run x11amp it can't find an audio device either.

All suggestions and help most welcome.

--

Irvine Short

SANBI Sys Admin