Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 13:48:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mohsin Rahman <mtech@buffnet.net>
To:        bsd <bsd@agileemmy.com>
Subject:   Re: Compaq ProLiant 5000R

Check http://www.daemonnews.org/200003/cpqraid.html

I used the instructions on it and have FBSD4.8 happily running w/ 4x200MHz
CPU, 1.2GB of RAM, the Compaq 2P raid controller. However, even though it
has a scsi cdrom, I ended up installing via FTP. The system would lock up
right after "Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle"...

Also, I wanted to install 5.0 and I could not go beyond starting shell on
vt0 and the system woudl lock up.

You do have to set the primary OS as Unixware7.1 to be able to install 4.x

Good Luck!