Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:26:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Whitley <mwhitley@borg.proceon.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linksys PCMPC100

Greetings -

Has anybody figured out what is causing performance problems
with the Linksys PCMPC100 card and the ed driver in 4.2?

I have read all the posts I can and several people have
complained about poor performance under 4.2.  I currently
can only get about 200KB/s on a 100Mbs switched network.
Under 3.3-stable I was getting around 1.2MB/s.  This of
course is way off from the 5-8MB/s I get off my Sun and
Desktop FreeBSD box.  I'm using the Nov-2000 release
of 4.2 (WC CDROM) and have tried all the pccard.conf configs,
switched interrupts, memory address etc. nothing improves
performance.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

- Mike Whitley