Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:20:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape pegs CPU on XServer kill

Peter Jeremy once stated:

=On 2000-Mar-21 15:32:00 +1100, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net> wrote:
=>the above note. And it *says* it "core dumped" but I haven't found any
=>netscape.core's laying around lately.
=
=The ports  installation process  makes /usr/local/bin/netscape  a small
=shellscript which  sets a  couple of  environment variables,  turns off
=core dumps  (ulimit -c  0) and  then exec's  the netscape  binary. This
=means you won't find any droppings lying around.

Yeah, but it used to be, it  would not even say '(core dumped)' if there
was not  one. Now it  will say that  even if no  dump was made.  Kind of
misleading, although, I'm sure there is some reason for it.

	-mi