Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:13:05 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re-structuring of the docs

On Wed 2000-08-09 (13:54), Mark Ovens wrote:
> I had also started working on producing a master index[1] for the
> docs

PR 14165.

> The FDP Primer and the PPP Primer are under books/ in the cvs tree yet
> are installed under tutorials. Looking at both docs they are
> sufficiently large and well structured enough to be called handbooks
> in their own right, like the Porters Handbook.

"Primers" are things which cover a specific area at depth.  "Handbooks"
cover largish areas without much depth.

> Also it would seem appropriate to merge the tutorial on setting up and
> using a firewall with a PPP connection into the PPP {Primer,Handbook}.

I wouldn't think so.  I'd prefer to see a "Network [Administrator]
Handbook" to cover that.  That tutorial specifically doesn't talk about
ppp issues.

I do propose that we set up the docs in the same tree as they're
installed on home systems on the web, so (for one) links work.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems