Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:09:55 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony SR-5K

"Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com> probably said:
> I guess I've gotta boot an install disk and look over the probe
> outputs.  On the other hand, I didn't buy the CD-ROM drive.  Do we
> know if the USB floppy can boot FreeBSD?  The GENERIC kernel would
> need to support USB, I suspect.

The 4.* boot floppies work fine with the sony USB floppies, at least
with my Z505. They're under bios control at that stage.

The only thing I couldn't get working with it was the fixit floppy,
since it didn't see da0 as a floppy drive.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu