Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:09:40 +0200
From:      "Lutz Rabing" <LutzRab@omc.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Off topic: German ISPs only please]

Date sent:      	Tue, 6 Oct 1998 11:17:45 +1000 (EST)
From:           	"Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@hilink.com.au>
To:             	freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:        	[Off topic: German ISPs only please]

> Hi,
>
> I have a customer who requires a .de domain.  It seems from reading the
> DENIC web site that we must deal with a German ISP who is a .de
> reseller, than with DENIC directly.  Hilink will set up the primary and
> secondary name servers.  I'd like to hear from German ISPs who can quote
> on providing this service.
>
> Dankeschoen,
>
> Danny

Hi, we are an German ISP with "DE-NIC access". We could register a .DE
Domain for you for about DM 65,- (~ $40) first year and DM 50,- (~ $30)
every other year.

You would need to setup the two nameservers prior to registration (will be
checked by DE-NIC) on two different class-c networks. If both DNS are in
the same net, this is considered a SPOF (single point of failure) and the
domain request will be rejected.

Furthermore you need to setup the DNS record like this:

domain.de.      86400   SOA     ns4.omc.net. root.delta.omc.net. (
                        1998010858      ; serial
                        84600   ; refresh (23 hours 30 mins)
                        7200    ; retry (2 hours)
                        604800  ; expire (7 days)
                        86400 ) ; minimum (1 day)

The retry and refresh values are also checked by the DE-NIC.

Regards,
Lutz Rabing

-OMCnet Internet Service GmbH- http://www.omc.net -

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,