Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 11:20:08 -0500
From:      Rob Winters <rob@annapurna.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   status of PAO code merge?

I recently has 3.5-PAO running on a Toshiba Libretto 70CT.
After reading on the PAO page that PAO is now integrated
into RELENG_4 and ".", I upgraded to 4.2 Release. I have a
3C589D working, but the PCMCIA floppy drive and possibly some
expansion port features may not be supported any more.

The PAO PCMCIA supported devices list is quite good (especially
with my wacky little Toshiba devices :-); PCMCIA in the FreeBSD
handbook's supported hardware list (and pccard.conf.sample) is
much more sparse.

So, what is the status of the merge? If I go to STABLE or
CURRENT will I get the whole of PAO, or am I recklessly
upgrading chasing after code that's not there yet? Or was
the package all merged in by 4.2 Release, and I might have
some potential breakage issues?

If it gets fully integrated, it seems like a real boon to
the hardware compatibility list.

Thanks for any info!

  /// Rob