Date:      11 Jul 2002 14:08:52 +0200
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 patchset 7 not quite ready

> I see both sides to this issue. The working premise here is that -current
> is my prefered platform of choice for pure HotSpot development. If that
> fails to serve my purposes then I'll think about moving to -stable.
You should do _whatever_ speeds up your development. :-) It's your
project. :-) (At least the HotSpot part).

> probably because I'm running a debug version of HotSpot. I expect it
> to be faster (I got a glimpse of it) with the production version.
Cool! Can we've a patch ? Pretty please. :-)

> The signs are definitely encouraging. I need to quit this project and
> move onto something that's more mainstream for my career, so I might
> drop it anyways. I'm getting low on cash here. :\
I'm said to hear that. But I don't think that C(++), OS Development, JIT
and OOP does look all too bad on a resume. And Java is also really
demanded nowadays. Ever thought of knocking on Sun's door ?