Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:33:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dayne Miller <daynem@speakeasy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports and Perl version

Hello-

I didn't see an obvious answer to this anywhere. If one exists already, please
feel free to give me a virtual slap (but please provide alink at the same
time...) Otherwise, I could use some help.

On a FreeBSD 4.7 system, I've installed a newer version of Perl, using the ports
system (new version in /usr/localbin is 5.8.0, system-installed version is
5.005_03 in /usr/bin)

Anyway, I went to install Nagios (via ports) the other day, and the SNMP plugin
install quit because of complaints that it needed a newer version of Perl that
that which came with the system. Since I actually have that newer version
already in, I just need to figure out where the port Makefiles are pulling their
path info from. Or find a way to explicitly state which Perl version to use in
the make process. I'm unsure of how to do this.

Any help, or a pointer to said help, will be greatly apperciated.

-Dayne