Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:50:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RCC/Reliant Chipset supported by FBSD 4.0???

Dear Sirs.

I read about SMP problems with i840 based motherboards and it is well known that
this chipset has some serius bugs. So we want to obtain two or three server mainboards
from TYAN (TYAN Thunder 2500) as it is available on market. This mainboard has execellent
specifications and it it based on the RCC ServerWorks III HE chipset which is supposed
to be on of the best high end chipsets. Purchasing is planned at the end of May or middle
of June. Has anyone experiences with this chipset and can tell me whether FBSD 4.0 supports
this chipset? The TYAN Thunder 2500 comes with two independent SCSI-3 160m LVD channels,
I think based on SymBios Logic  chipsets. Is this type of chipset already supported in
FBSD 4.0? Well, your answer is highly appreciated since I have to make decisions based on
that. So, have many thanks in advance and
kind regards,

O. Hartmann