Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 02:44:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tired of "isa_dmadone_nobounce" messages

Hi!
---

Michael Smith writes:

] Andreas S. Wetzel stands accused of saying:
] >
] > This is my third mail....
]
] You've been answered at least four times.

Sorry, I didn't see at least one.

] > What's this "isa_dmadone_nobounce: channel 6 not busy" message, and what is
] > it good for? And if it's not good for anything why is it still there?
]
] I'd recommend grepping the kernel sources and _finding_out_for_yourself_.

I already did that, but since a change in i386/isa/isa.c does not last
for long if you do a daily sup to see what's going on it isn't nice at all
to see that you have to do the same thing again and again ... without anyone
stating what's up with these.

] FYI, it means that you have a driver somewhere that's not indicating that
] it's finished with channel 6.  What do you have on DRQ6?

My Soundblaster16 lives on drq 6:

sb0 at 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.5>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 6 on isa
sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.5>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
 <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>

I use the following kernel config:

options         SBC_IRQ=10              # The soundblaster is on IRQ 10
options         "SB16_DMA=6"            # Soundblaster 16bit DMA channel 6

controller      snd0

device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 vector sbintr
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 6
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388

Regards, mickey

--
          (__)
          (@@)      Andreas S. Wetzel        E-mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de