Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 05:40:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Jack Sasportas <jack@innovativeinternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage extensions on Apache

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Jack Sasportas wrote:
> They claim they only support up to 1.3.3, and whenever there is a
> problem they blow you off since your not runing NT... Also there are
> some strange things that happen under 1.3.9 which don't happen under
> 1.3.6...

I think I see part of the problem.

The frontpage module requires patches to the server source in order to
support the proper execution of their tools, which are outside of the
webserver root (I think.)  They add 'char *execfilename;' to the
request_rec struct and bits of hackery to use execfilename instead of
filename.

I'm pretty sure they could deal with this in FrontPageAlias but I've not
yet managed to wrap my head around exactly what the patch is doing.

Obviously this knocks FP out of the Apache New World Order.  If someone
wants to figure out how to make FP work without hacking apache, now would
be a good time to stand up.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |