Date:      Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:30:44 -0500
From:      Mark Bucciarelli <mark@gaiahost.coop>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD jails administration tools

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:31:34PM -0200, Alex Moura wrote:
> Port:   jailaudit-1.1
> Port:   ezjail-1.1

I've been using ezjail and I like it.

Benefits:

    - one less script I have to write and maintain

    - mounts /usr/sbin (etc.) read-only.

    - is actively being worked on

The flavors stuff is under construction and I have not been able to get
that to work properly yet.  I did a bunch of work but ran into problems
with FreeBSD packages; for example:

(1) cannot package screen utility

(2) apache13+modssl + php4 combo must be built from ports (at least
    according to the googling I did).

(3) having one box build packages gets tricky when you have a variety of
    apache + php combos.  it was an excersize in combinatorics that I
    preferred to bypass.