Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:13:08 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        "Gary Dunn" <osp@aloha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Config for NAT

>  IMHO, and according to Adam Vandr More, kernel options are no
>  longer required.

	The original reason I asked was:

	30.6.2 Kernel Options

		It is not a mandatory requirement to enable IPFW by
		compiling the following options into the FreeBSD kernel,
		unless NAT functionality is required.

	I do want NAT, and there is no unambiguous path in the
Handbook.

>  Still need entries in /etc/rc.conf. See  HB 30.9.5, 30.6.3,
>  30.6.5.7

	Once ipfw is running, I should have the rulesets covered.

				Robert Huff